Friday 1 June 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where I'll be posting mostly about the mighty Canadian Power Trio RUSH, but also about other music. Music is my passion in life, and my favourite band by far is Rush. If you're a Rush fan, you probably already know that they are touring Europe in 2013.

I've been a Rush fan since about 1991, but I didn't get to see them play live until 2004, in Stockholm, at the "Penultimate Show at the Globe" on their R30 tour. I thought that it might be their final tour ever, so I knew right away that I had to go see them as soon as I found out that they were touring Europe. That time I was very lucky to find out about the tour well before it started, so I learned through TNMS that there was a password for the pre-sale tickets. Knowing this, I was able to get a ticket for the 7th row on Alex's side, a very good seat for a newbie. And during the first half of the show, I went all the way up to the stage, along with a lot of the other fans in the first few rows. Before the second half of the show, the arena security guys came and told everyone that they had to stay in their own seats. But I didn't mind that, the first half of the show had already made my day. And the ferry trip from Stockholm to Turku the following day was great fun, the ferry was filled with Finnish Rush fans.

In 2007 they toured Europe again, this time I had already been a TNMS member for a few years, so I knew some of the other Finnish TNMS members in person (and some of the Swedes as well). I was thrilled to learn that they were coming to Helsinki, so I talked to some of my friends and fellow Rush fans and I got seats for all of us at once. Not as good seats as in 2004, but good enough for me. Through TNMS, we had decided to do a pre-gig meet in one of the most original restaurants in Helsinki, Zetor. I made a reservation way before the gig, to make sure we had somewhere to meet up, and we even got our own little room to sit in and talk. Even a few forum members from the British isles came to that pre-gig meet. This pre-gig meet was possibly even more fun than the gig itself. I got to meet a whole bunch of other Rush fans. I still dream of organising a Finnish Rush convention, but that's another story.

I'm planning on going to the O2 arena in London in 2013 to see them play live on my birthday. That should make a memorable birthday, don't you think?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

/H

No comments:

Post a Comment